This lower body endurance workout + a 6.6-mile run afterward = sore quads and hip flexors for days.
But really. I was sore to the touch for a SOLID 48 hours. I really have no idea what I was thinking. All I know is that I hobbled around the mall and Target the next day in pain. I looked like a baby giraffe learning how to walk. But it was amazing.
So if you love self-imposed pain, check out this workout. Feel free to tell me how awful and awesome it makes you feel afterward. 🙂
- Squat with a plate <— I also held the plate to my chest like I was hugging it.
- Pulsing squats
- Scissor kicks
- Glute raises with a plate <— Super awkward-looking exercise, just to warn you.
- Russian twists with a plate
P.S. This is an awesome at-home or holiday workout that requires minimal or NO equipment. No gym = no excuse. I usually complete 50 reps of one exercise and then 50 reps of the next exercise, etc. Feel free to split up the 150 reps however you choose.
- Do you ever complete lower body workouts and longer runs on the same day?
- What’s the hardest workout you’ve ever completed?
Related HGG Posts: