Graphic by Brianna Kolota
The truth is that I fully intended to make a cheesecake, but lazy, post-law-school-exams me wanted no part in that baking ordeal. I bet you’re too busy for that nonsense too, which is when I decided a healthier, raw snack version of cheesecake was the way to go.
I started with the main ingredient: Chobani non-fat plain yogurt . . . <— One of my favorites!
. . . and added mascarpone, ground flax seed and a few other ingredients to give the bites that distinctive gingerbread flavor.
After making the cheesecake base, I rolled the balls in two different toppings: cocoa powder (affiliate link!) for my inner chocoholic . . .
Photo by Brianna Kolota
. . . and lightly salted, crushed brown rice cakes for a sweet and salty flavor combo.
Photo by Brianna Kolota
You can roll your bites in any crushed cereal, nuts or even protein powder (affiliate link!) if you feel so inclined. It didn’t occur to me until after I made the bites, but crumbled graham crackers would probably taste AMAZING. Maybe like pie crust?
Anyhoo, no matter how you roll, make sure you share these gingerbread munchkins with the ones you love. Bring them to a holiday party. Make a batch for your kids, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. Gifts don’t have to be store-bought, and I can personally vouch for the fact that people appreciate homemade gifts, especially homemade desserts, MUCH more than any item you’ll find in a mall.
So without further adieu, here’s the recipe.
No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites (#MadeWithChobani)
Makes about 24 bites
Total preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 5.3 ounces Chobani non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 dashes of powdered stevia (affiliate link; or your other favorite sugar substitute)
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder (affiliate link; optional; for rolling the bites in)
- Four crushed, lightly salted brown rice cakes (affiliate link; optional; for rolling the bites in)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except for the cocoa powder and crushed brown rice cakes.
- Once the mixture is even, roll into small balls and roll the balls in whatever mixture you choose.
If you like these bites, be sure to check out more Chobani recipes too. It’s seriously incredible how many things you can make with Greek yogurt, and I’m always a fan of adding a protein punch to my recipes.
Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions in the post are entirely my own and do not reflect the views of Chobani. Chobani did not compensate me or provide products for me to use in making this recipe.
- Are you a fan of cheesecake?
- Do you cook or bake with Chobani yogurts?
Related HGG Posts: