I only have three things to say about these burgers.
And SUPER easy to make.
Sounds like the perfect summer recipe to me.
Feel free to use the Fourth of July holiday and these burgers as an excuse to fire up your grill . . . or stove because, like me, you’re not exactly sure how to work a grill. 🙂
Tomato Basil Turkey Burgers
Makes 4 burgers
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey (I used JENNIE-O Lean.)
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 dashes of salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing ( I used Kraft Light Parmesan Asiago Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Optional ingredients:
- One tablespoon olive oil (If cooking on the stove)
- Buns or your favorite sandwich bread
- Cheese (I used Cracker Barrel’s Asiago slices.)
- Lettuce (I used romaine.)
- Trader Joe’s Basil Dijon Mustard <— PERFECT for this recipe. I bought mine during Christmas in a mustard variety pack, but you could easily make your own by adding some fresh, chopped basil to regular Dijon mustard. Here’s a picture:
- Combine all ingredients except those listed under the “optional” list in a large bowl.
- Mash ingredients together using your hands and form four large patties.
- If you’re using a stove, heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is heated and spread around in the pan, place the burgers in the pan.
- Cook burgers for 7-10 minutes on one side or until golden-brown.
- Drain the liquid from the pan and flip the burgers.
- Cook burgers for an additional 7-10 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Serve with the optional toppings, if desired.
- What do you eat/cook more often in the summertime?
Related HGG Posts: